A Green Kiss Valentine's Day Gift Guide!
"How you love yourself teaches others how to love you.".
How true is THAT girls?! And, as each one of GK's team members gains more and more life experience, this statement only gains more clarity and importance to each of us.
Our Valentine's gift guide was created with this statement at the forefront of our minds. Valentine's Day is a date to recognize the importance of LOVE, and regardless if you are single or taken, that includes self care and love to yourself!
Showing love through actions or gifts, to the people in your life who you adore, says "I'm thinking of you". So if you are compiling a list of people to show appreciation and love to this February, just make sure you're on there too!
Here are our top gift ideas for a Valentine's Day dedicated to healthy living and healthy beauty for others, and self love for you!
1. Flora Candle by Woodlot: Scents of lavender, bergamot, patchouli, and cedarwood make this candle a lovely addition to a quiet bath time. The formula is completely petroleum free, GMO and phthalate free while also being poured with love in Vancouver. A great gift for personal self care time, or any loved one.
2. Indie Lee Moisturizing Oil: This jojoba based moisturizing oil is seriously multi-purpose! Use it to moisturize hair and body, for shaving, in a bath or even as a luxurious massage oil. Lavender and chamomile aromas make it seriously soothing and calming as well.
3. 100% Pure Body Butter: Think of this body butter as a whipped and creamy cloud that intensely moisturizes the skin with natural plant butters & oils. Smell sweet and be smooth as butta with this enriched cream full of vitamins, antioxidants and anti-aging nutrients to keep skin healthy and nourished. Team GK is OBSESSED with this Vanilla scent (it smells like a fresh vanilla cupcake) but there are many others to choose from too!
4. Lux et Terra Candle: These heavenly candles from Lux et Terra are a beautiful addition to any space needing a soft glow and some added warmth. Completely petroleum, soy and GMO free these candles make a lovely gift as they come with the cutest set of matches and gift pouch as well.
5. Amour Soap by Woodlot: This has got to be one of our favourite picks for Valentine's Day! It's budget friendly, it's little and cute, it works for both genders, AND it's called 'Amour'!!?. Seriously best Vday option ever! It's the perfect little 'pick me up' token of love to gift to friends, family, or yourself! This lovingly handmade soap from Woodlot is a beautiful blend of pink clay, shea butter and is packed full of natural fruit oils. With a rose and black pepper scent this beauty is the perfect mix of sweet n spicy.
6. Josh Rosebrook's Cacao Mask: Now this is the kind of chocolate we can get behind for a little Valentines Day treat...and it's guilt free too. Cacao, known for aiding in collagen repair, works with plant and herbal infusions to also tone, firm and exfoliate the skin while keeping it hydrated.
7. Always Loved Perfume by My Daughter's Fragrance: A true rose lovers potion featuring Bulgarian rose oil and Turkish rose absolute. This is the perfect perfume for anyone wanting a sweet and feminine scent that is unique and incredibly wearable. Completely phthalate free and made in Canada too!
8. Nootka Rose Cleansing Clay: With ingredients harvested from a farm on Vancouver Island, this "cleansing alternative" is a unique blend of herbs and clay specially crafted to gently cleanse while effectively drawing out impurities from the skin. Designed to brighten, smooth, and also soften skin this beauty can be used as a mask or cleanser several times a week.
9. Pretty Naked Palette by 100% Pure: Soft, natural and oh so sweet! The Pretty Naked Palette from 100 Percent Pure Cosmetics offers a luminizing powder (for use on cheeks and eyes), a pink powder blush and three eye shadows all housed in a convenient (and pretty) little package.
10. Beauty Blender by 100% Pure: This makeup blender produces a seamless, natural, finish when used to apply liquid foundation. Use the pointed side for hard to reach corners and use the rounded side for a smooth application on forehead, cheeks, and chin. Completely latex free and great for contouring too. A great gift for teens, or anyone who is a natural cosmetics lover.
11. Pink Clay Konjac Sponge by Wyld: This little beauty has quickly become a favourite at The Green Kiss for a variety of reasons. Use this all natural konjac sponge with your favourite cleanser for added exfoliation on your face or even your body as well! Incredibly gentle, non-toxic and great for extremely sensitive skin types.
12. Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser: This gentle cleanser is the "holy grail," for so many of our problematic skin gals. Formulated with vitamin-rich Rosehip oil, this cleanser soothes skin while also helping with redness, breakouts and unwanted texture.
13. Lip + Cheek Tint by 100% Pure: Who doesn't love a dynamic duo in a lovely little package? The lip + cheek tints from 100% Pure are seriously creamy, dreamy and dewy. These beauties are perfect for dry and mature skin types as the blend of natural oils and moisturizing ingredients add a soft glow and long-lasting tint to cheeks.
14. Long last Lipsticks by 100% Pure: These lippies are concentrated with pomegranate oil, shea butter, and packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins, keeping lips soft and youthful. With a full range of soft nudes, wearable reds and bright pinks this line has a little something for everybody.