Yoohoo!!! Calling all green girlies! If you're choosing to drink wine, sit by the fire, and shop at home this year, US TOO! To make things easier, we've compiled a list of our absolute favourite picks for the ladies in our lives who love green beauty, OR for the ladies who have talked about 'making the switch' but are just a little gun shy (you know the type cuz we were all that girl before!). Each of these gift ideas work for all ages and skin types and are tried, true and praised for the purposes of gift giving not only by our team, but by our community of GK girls who surround us. All can be purchased online, or at our beauty bar in downtown Victoria BC.
Whether she be interested in sustainability or the hottest new lipstick shade, there is something for every green girly on this list.
1. Honey Mask: Our entire team cannot get ENOUGH of this product. It is the PERFECT gift for any girl, of ANY age, and ANY skin type on your list! For acne prone teens to ladies with more mature and dry skin, this mask will work for all! Honey has been used extensively in both medical and skin-care applications for centuries as honey's pH is very close to human skin. Wild Hill uses raw New Zealand Beechwood honey which is organic and unfiltered. This beauty is softening, clarifying and hydrating.
ps...supplies are limited so be sure to grabs yours before they're all gone!
2. Indie Lee Coconut Citrus Scrub: This scrub contains an all-natural blend of coconut, lemongrass, lemon balm, jojoba and vanilla. Whether you’re leaving the country for winter vacay or staying home and gettin' cozy by the fire, this scrub will leave skin buffed and supple!
3. Pretty Naked Palette: Got a teen on your list who is dying for the latest Urban Decay palette? Yet you have a guilty conscious gifting them products that you know are not natural? Here's your answer! One of our best sellers, the Pretty Naked Palette from 100 Percent Pure Cosmetics offers a luminizing powder (for use on cheeks and eyes), a pink powder blush and three eye shadows all housed in a convenient (and pretty) little package! Plus, who doesn't love a nice neutral palette?
4. Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm: One of the hottest green beauty releases (if not THE hottest) of 2017. This multi-benefit moisturizer works to facilitate maximum cellular hydration and repair vital skin functions. With aloe vera, rich plant oils and Indian Senna Seed which is known as “botanical hyaluronic acid,” this balm works to hold moisture throughout the day. Perfect for dry, damaged and any skin type looking for that extra anti-aging “boost.”
5. Wild Hill Coconut Milk Bath: One of our best hostess gifts! With a luxurious blend of organic powdered coconut milk and organic vanilla extract, this bath milk is proven to deeply hydrate, moisturize and soften the skin, taking your bath ritual to a whole new level (and it seriously smells amazing!).
6. My Wild Perfume: “May your feet lead where your heart wants to be.” This truly embodies the scent of this beautiful perfume made with violets, pink pepper, juniper, vanilla, cedar atlas and vetiver. Sweet n spicy is the combo this scent evokes.
7. French Pink Clay Konjac Sponge: The PERFECT stocking stuffer for every girl on your list! This konjac sponge from Wyld skincare is made from 100% pure natural konjac plant root, and transforms into a pillowy-soft facial cleansing wonder when wet. Perfect to use for a gentle exfoliation with your favourite cleanser! For all skin types and ages!
8. Coffee Bean Eye Cream: An organic eye cream in a trial size that is both anti-inflammatory and caffeine rich from green tea and coffee. Under eye bags are "de-puffed," and circulation is increased to brighten under eye dark circles.
9. Seaweed Detox Bath: This beautiful detoxing bath is made with organic ginger root, seaweed, dandelion, eucalyptus, tea tree and rosemary to increase circulation, draw out toxins and stimulate lymphatic drainage to remove heavy metals and other impurities. Perfect for that special person who needs to slow down and treat themselves with care.
10. Woodlot Candles: Made with love in Vancouver Woodlot candles are the perfect gift to bring to a party or for the “hostess with the mostest.” The candles are also eco-friendly, made with cotton core wicks that offer a natural, no-soot effect and hand-poured with renewable coconut wax. Only essential oils are used for scent making these candles entirely non-toxic.
11. Anti-Aging Lipsticks: With 5 new wearable shades and that perfect Christmas red,(Dahlia), these lipsticks from 100% Pure are bound to be on everyone’s wish list. Pigmented with fruit, these lipsticks stain the lips for incredibly long-lasting wear. Concentrated with pomegranate oil, shea butter, and packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins, they keep lips soft and youthful.
12. Remedy Salve: A stocking stuffer staple for every member of the family. A healing balm for skin irritations, scrapes on knees, cracked feet, chapped lips, and the list goes on. Perfect for the gardener on your list, mamas, and men who are hard to buy for as they typically get scrapes and chapped skin and never know what to use to heal them faster (right!?). No more lip balm borrowing :)