Careers in Green Beauty at The Green Kiss
Hiring for: Store Manager (Company Manager Of Sales, Education & Guest Experience For Both E-Commerce & Brick & Mortar).
Who We Are:
Established in 2011, The Green Kiss is a Canadian Green Beauty Company committed to inspiring people to use the healthiest and most effective personal care products possible. Our mission is to lovingly empower people to take care of their skin, bodies, and families with products that are healthy and effective both for themselves and the environment. For those new to green beauty, the principle goal is to reduce the toxic load that people are unintentionally applying to their bodies, and in turn, rinsing off into our ecosystems. The Green Kiss was built on creating goodness in the world and making a massive positive impact and change. Our love for humanity and the planet are what drives everything we do. We are based in Victoria BC with a brick-and-mortar store and headquarters at Uptown Shopping Centre. We owe our longevity to our commitment to clean beauty, to our people, and to the incredible connections we have in our community here in Victoria, and across Canada. People trust us because we are strict about what we carry and we are unwavering about our love and service for our community.
Who You Are:
You are a leader who is truly excited about customer service, sales, and product education! You are passionate about health and wellness and you seek out any chance you can get to know your community. You have a natural gift in bringing joy to people’s lives and caring for them.
You get a thrill out of going above and beyond to make a customer’s day. You excel at doing this, and you go at it all while keeping the business’s best interests at heart. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and excel at fostering strong relationships with others. You are looking to work in an environment that is filled with positivity, growth opportunities, and incentives where you are rewarded for your hard work and results! You are a go-getter. You like achieving things, crossing off “to-do” lists, and seriously going after sales targets! It excites you to work for a business where love is the driving force and fast business growth is the result. You live and breathe being a part of a team in a growing small business environment where every action you take makes an impact.
You bring positive energy to those around you and believe most people have good intentions. You are excited at the idea of playing a pivotal role in helping people look and feel their best. You are aligned with our core values and goal of a healthy beauty revolution. You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You have a strong sense of accountability and integrity. You have multi-tasking superpowers. You are results-oriented, and your follow-through is second to none. You're great at identifying opportunities for improvement. You connect with different cultures and generations easily and respectfully. You have 3 years+ of customer service, management, and/or sales experience.
Deep Dive Into The Role:
- We're looking for our next Store Manager (& Customer Experience Lead!) to help people in our community look and feel their best.
- As a small but mighty company, your voice matters; everyone affects growth and company culture.
Your Three Main Objectives:
- To be the leader in sales at The Green Kiss (via all revenue streams) and provide an outstanding customer service experience to all customers through product knowledge, trend awareness, and exceptional customer care. Supporting customer care issues, returns, and quality care.
- To be the leader of all sales team members, creating GK cross-training documents, training team, and creating a positive, uplifting, and fulfilling environment for all staff.
- To be the leader of all in-store merchandising, fixtures, and seasonal or promotional displays - to maintain the best possible shopping experience for our guests.
Your Responsibilities Per Objective:
Customer Service, Customer Experience & Sales
- Responsible for assisting all customers in-store, on the phone, and by virtual consults providing an exceptional shopping experience. Done personally or through leading other team members to excel in this area.
- Effectively guide our customers through their natural self-care shopping experience.
- Through authentic connection and curiosity, curate self-care routines based on our customers' skin type and skin goals, finding solutions to their skincare, health and makeup needs.
- Quality care: solve any quality care issues or refund/exchange requests.
- Responsible for having outstanding product knowledge & keeping up with industry trends.
- Possesses the ability to seamlessly up-sell customers.
- Possesses the ability to utilize dynamic communication skills to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Ability to understand and meet daily, monthly and yearly sales goals.
- Overseeing GK Connector Program and identifying new partners in the community.
- Providing a quarterly sales team report to the entire GK Team:
- Identify areas where additional support is needed.
- Identify areas that could improve sales in-store (product requests, signage etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining callbacks list
- Ensuring all customer correspondence is replied to within company tone.
Sales Team Management Responsibilities
- Creating sales team schedules and managing sales team time-off requests.
- Creating and maintaining a positive environment and ensuring high morale for the sales team.
- Working with Megan to direct all appropriate communications.
- Reviewing, creating, and updating company policies and procedures pertaining to sales and customer experience.
- Hiring new team members
- Brand voice and sales training with new sales team members
- Product knowledge & arranging training with various vendors for sales team members
Uptown Brick & Mortar Management For Guest Experience
- Merchandising of the entire store.
- Overseeing proper sanitization of the store
- Creating and maintaining proper store set up and flow of customer experience
- Requesting signage from OPS when needed.
- Window displays - rotating product to prevent sun damage.
- General cleaning (or delegation of)
- Providing weekly feedback to Megan for new items requested by customers or anything related to the customer shopping experience.
- Working with our Operations Lead to ensure proper sell-through of items.
Your Bonus Assets:
- Experience with digital selling/communication platforms including Shopify, Mail, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, Chatra
- Experience working with natural cosmetics & makeup
What We Offer:
- Flexible start date
- A competitive hourly wage of $20-$26, based on relevant work or management experience
- Free Parking
- Staff Discount
- Discount at The Good Planet Company
- Uptown Staff Discount at participating stores
Schedule & Hours:
- Workweek of Tuesday - Saturday with days off Sunday/Monday
- Number of hours/week is your choice! Guaranteed 30 hours a week - and up to 40 if you are looking for full time.
- Hours of operation daily 10 am - 6 pm, subject to change with the season
How To Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to Megan Johns at email@example.com. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Referrals are welcome and will be rewarded with a $100 GK gift card upon hire**
Don't see an opening that you're looking for? Send us a general application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You might just be the candidate we didn't know we needed.