Held By The Land: A Guide to Indigenous Plants for Wellness by Leigh Joseph
- Unit Price
What it is: A gorgeously illustrated book by Sḵwálwen Botanicals founder, Leigh Joseph, that provides an introduction to Indigenous plant knowledge.
Why you'll love it: Held by the Land, by Ethnobotanist Leigh Joseph, advocates a way of living that develops and builds relationships with the natural world around us. Her approach, informed by her cultural heritage as a member of the Squamish First Nation, calls upon reclaiming ancestral knowledge and practices that were impacted by centuries of colonization and rejuvenating them for future generations.
The book also acts as a field guide to plants that were and remain, vital to the Indigenous communities that are from the territories in the area now known as the Pacific Northwest. You will learn how to:
- Identify forty-four culturally significant plants.
- Harvest plants safely and successfully, or grow them on your own.
- Set up your very own home apothecary.
- Utilize plants in both topical and culinary recipes, such as facial steams, bath soaks, desserts, and more.
- Discover all the riches and abundance that await you once you begin attuning yourself to the natural world.
Made in Canada | Product Size: 192 pages
sealed with a green kiss ~ Team GK